Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hojyo Takashi Violinist

From Takashi Hojyo Models
So today, I attempted to fold Hojyo's Violininst.  I looked everywhere for this diagram, and after months of searching, I was fortunate to find the diagrams instead of a crease pattern.

The model is primarily built by lots of box-pleating on a 40 by 40 grid.  After that's done, you have to shape the whole model.  Since this was my first time, I chose to use brown kraft paper.  The good thing about this type of paper is that it's cheap.  The bad thing is that when you fold complex models and, for example, box-pleat, it gets immensely thick and unfoldable at times.  At the end, I applied Methylcellulose to thin some parts out, but it didn't really work that great.

From Takashi Hojyo Models
Oh, the drawings and the origami:
From miscellaneous
Strikingly similar, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    This is such an increddibly beautifull model, and i too have been looking for models for a long time, but as in Belgium ,origami isn't that well known, i can't find any books with this model in it. Could you please be able to send me the folding instructions?

    Thanks, very much in advance
    Vincent Cleemput

    ReplyDelete